Get some inspiration from our culture, nature and excursion tips.
The 22,000 residents of our town would like to present themselves as hosts at the Müritz, the largest inland lake in Germany. The picturesque small town with lovingly furbished half-timbered houses is directly located on the bank of the Müritz Lake. The “land of a thousand lakes” can be best explored from here. A boat trip across the interconnected lakes is an exceptional experience. At the town port and along the bank promenade, there is a lot of hustle and bustle – guests and the locals spend their time in countless cafés, pubs and restaurants. Stroll through the old town and along the banks of the Müritz Lake. Enjoy the street music, markets and town festivals, visit one of the many concerts in and around Waren (Müritz).
The Waren (Müritz) Information Office offers its varied services and helps in planning a holiday or a short stay.
- All types of information about the city and the region
- Arrangement of travel guides and boat trips
- Guided city tours, guided bicycle tours and treks
- Selling tickets of cultural and sports events
- Selling souvenirs, brochures, books and maps
- Reception of guests, performances and cultural events in the guest house